百万英镑阅读报告英语(双语阅读TheFreeHugs)

The 'FREE HUGS Campaign' began in 2004.

“自由拥抱运动”始于2004年。

Juan tells how the idea of giving away free hugs came to him:"I came back from London in January 2004 and my family and friends were spread out across the world."

胡安讲述了他是如何想到自由拥抱的:“2004年1月,我从伦敦回来,我的家人和朋友分散在世界各地。”

I was the only person I knew and I was lonely.

我是我唯一认识的人,我很孤独。

My parents had divorced, I had broken up with my financee and my grandmother was sick and I needed to feel happy...

我的父母离婚了,我和我的未婚妻分手了,我的祖母生病了,我需要感受到快乐……

I wanted someone out there to be happy to see me, to smile at me, to hug me.

我希望当时有人会乐于见我,对我微笑,拥抱我。

I went out to a party one night and a completely random person came up to me and gave me a hug.

一天晚上,我去参加一个派对,一个完全陌生的人走到我跟前,给了我一个拥抱。

I felt like a king!

我感觉自己像个国王!

It was the greatest thing that ever happened.

这是发生过的最伟大的事情。

Six months later, on June 30, in Pitt Street Mall, I decided to give away free hugs.

六个月后,也就是6月30日,在皮特街购物中心,我决定自由拥抱别人。

Juan's simple idea began slowly.

胡安的这个简单的想法慢慢开始了。

百万英镑阅读报告英语(双语阅读TheFreeHugs)(1)

It was kind of frightening walking up to a stranger since people did not know me.

走到一个陌生人跟前感觉有点可怕,因为人们都不认识我。

I did not want to trouble anyone, so that is why I held up a sign.

我不想麻烦任何人,所以我举了一个牌子。

It said "FREE HUGS."

上面写着“自由拥抱”。

It was the most frightening thing I had ever done.

这是我做过的最可怕的事情。

The first day I stood for fifteen minutes before anyone came near me and I felt like the biggest fool on earth...

第一天,在有人靠近我之前,我站了15分钟,我感觉自己像地球上最大的傻瓜……

For fifteen minutes people just looked right through me.

有15分钟的时间,人们都和没看见我一样。

But finally, someone accepted Juan's offer for a free hug.

但最终,有人接受了胡安提出的自由拥抱。

The first person who stopped tapped me on the shoulder and told me how her dog had just died that morning.

第一个停下来的人拍了拍我的肩膀,告诉我那天早上她的狗死了的事。

How that morning had been the one year anniversary of her only daughter dying in a car accident.

那天早上是她唯一的女儿死于车祸的一周年纪念日。

How what she needed now, when she felt most alone in the world, was a hug...

她感到自己是世界上最孤独的人,那时的她需要的是一个拥抱……

We put our arms around each other and when we parted, she was smiling.

我们拥抱了对方,分开时,她在微笑。

,

免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com

    分享
    投诉
    首页