鸟的家在树上故事(听读咨询鸟儿去向)

鸟的家在树上故事(听读咨询鸟儿去向)(1)

"This is my friend, Stuart Little," he said to the man with the gauze in his cheek.

“这是我的朋友,斯图亚特·利特尔,”他对这个嘴里塞着棉球的男人说。

"How 'oo oo, Soo'rt," replied the man, as best he could.

“你…好…斯…特,”这个男人尽可能地回答着。

"Very well, thank you," replied Stuart.

“很好,谢谢你,”斯图亚特回答。

"Well, what's on your mind, Stuart?" asked Dr. Carey, seizing hold of the man's tooth with a pair of pincers and giving a strong pull.

“嗯,有什么事吗,斯图亚特?”凯里医生问着,用钳子夹住那个男人的一颗牙使劲拽着。

"I ran away from home this morning," explained Stuart.

“我今早从家里跑出来了,”斯图亚特解释。

I am going out into the world to seek my fortune and to look for a lost bird.

我要到这个世界里碰碰运气。还要寻找一只丢失的鸟。

Which direction do you think I should start out in?

你认为我该先往哪个方向走呢?

Dr. Carey twisted the tooth a bit and racked it back and forth.

凯里医生转着圈儿的来回拉着那颗牙。

"What color is the bird?" he asked.

“那鸟是什么颜色的?”他问。

"Brown," said Stuart.

“棕色,”斯图亚特说。

"Better go north," said Dr.Carey.

“那你最好往北去,”凯里医生说。

Don't you think so, Mr. Clydesdale?

你不也这么认为吗,克莱德代勒先生?

"ook in 'entral 'ark," said Mr. Clydesdale.

“…去…园…找…”克莱德代勒先生说。

"What?" cried Stuart.

“什么”,斯图亚特哭着说。

"I 'ay, 'ook in 'entral 'ark," said Mr. Clydesdale.

“我…去…园…找…”克莱德代勒先生说。

"He says look in Central Park," explained Dr. Carey, tucking another big wad of gauze into Mr. Clydesdale's cheek.

“他说去中央公园找找看,”凯里医生解释着,又把一团大棉球塞到了克莱德代勒先生的腮帮子里。

And it's a good suggestion.

这是个好主意。

Oftentimes people with decayed teeth have sound ideas. Central Park is a favorite place for birds in the spring.

看来嘴里有坏牙的人也常常能说出好主意。春天的中央公园是鸟儿们喜爱的地方。

Mr.Clydesdale was nodding his head vigorously, and seemed about to speak again.

克莱德代勒先生拼命的点着头,好像还要说些什么。

,

免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com

    分享
    投诉
    首页