100个日常动词短语(教你地道实用的动词短语)

Hello everyone, and welcome back to English with Lucy.,我来为大家科普一下关于100个日常动词短语?以下内容希望对你有帮助!

100个日常动词短语(教你地道实用的动词短语)

100个日常动词短语

Hello everyone, and welcome back to English with Lucy.

大家好,欢迎回到跟着 Lucy 学英语。

Today, I have got 25 stunningly beautiful advanced phrasal verbs for you.

今天我有25个升级版的超级美好的短语动词要呈现给你们。

These phrasal verbs are going to help you expand and build your vocabulary.

这些短语动词会帮助你扩大并建立你的词汇。

I've chosen them because they have beautiful meanings, or they sound beautiful, or they might just be really fun to say.

我选择它们的原因是它们的意义美好,或者它们听起来很好听,或者它们说起来很有趣。

Before we get started, I would just like to thank the sponsor of today's video.

在我们开始之前,我想要感谢今天视频的赞助商。

It Is italki.

那就是 italki。

And if you haven't heard of italki before, it's a huge online database of both native and non-native teachers, who give one-to-one video lessons, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

如果你们之前没有听说过 italki,它是一个大型的在线数据库,上面有母语者老师和非母语者老师,他们能全年无休地给你进行一对一视频课程。

You can learn English and over 130 other languages from anywhere in the world, as long as you have a stable internet connection.

只要你有稳定的网络连接,那么你就可以在世界任何地方学习英语和超过130种其他的语言。

It's an incredibly affordable way of learning a language, much cheaper than a language academy or offline tutor.

它是学习语言的非常划算的方法,比在线教师或语言学校要便宜得多。

So many of my students message me, and ask me how they can access and talk to native speakers.

很多学生给我发信息问我如何遇见母语者并跟他们交谈。

Italki is a great option, because they have the qualified teachers, but they also have community teachers, who will practise conversation with you.

Italki是一个非常好的选择,因为它们不仅拥有有资质的老师,它们还有社区导师跟你练习对话。

They've given me a special offer to pass on to you.

它们有一个折扣要我给你们。

You will receive $10 worth of italki credits in your student wallet, 48 hours after making your first purchase of any amount.

当你们完成第一次任意购买48小时后,你们会在你们的学院钱包里收到价值10美元的Italki优惠券。

That could be a free lesson.

这相当于一节免费的课程。

All you have to do is click on the link in the description box, and sign up.

你们只需要点击描述栏中的链接注册。

Right, let's get started with our 25 stunningly beautiful advanced phrasal verbs.

好的,我们开始学习25个升级版超级美妙的短语动词吧。

I can't believe that came out perfectly all at once.

我无法相信这句话说得一气呵成。

Number one is to crow about something.

第一个就是吹嘘某事。

To crow about something.

吹嘘某事。

This means to brag about something, or to boast excessively about something.

这个短语的意思是吹牛,或者说夸大其词。

For example, I wish Amanda would stop crowing about her promotion.

比如,我希望阿曼达能够停止吹嘘她的晋升。

I wanted that position.

我本来想要那个职位。

Number two is to fawn over.

第二个就是谄媚。

To fawn over something.

谄媚某事。

We're going with the animal theme, to begin with.

我们一开始的短语都是跟动物有关的。

This means to flatter someone excessively.

这个短语的意思是过度奉承某人。

To be too over the top with them, give them too many compliments.

过度鼓吹他们,给他们过多的赞美。

For example, stop fawning over my grandmother.

比如,别再跟我祖母谄媚了。

You are embarrassing me!

你让我感到难堪!

Number three is to bounce something off someone.

第三个是试探某事。

To bounce off, to bounce something off.

商讨,商讨某事。

You'll notice that the something can go between bounce and off, the verb and the preposition.

你会注意到动词bounce和介词off中间可以放其它的词。

This is because it's a separable phrasal verb, and I've highlighted which ones are separable in the list.

这是因为这是一个可分离短语动词,我已经在列表里面强调了哪些是可以分离的。

To bounce something off someone means to talk about something, usually an idea, in order to receive feedback or opinions.

商讨某事的意思是谈论某事,往往是一个想法,从而获得反馈或观点。

This is a common business term, more than anything else.

它本质上是一个常见的商务名词。

For example, I'd like to take you out for lunch and bounce a few ideas off you.

比如,我想带你出去吃午餐,然后跟你商讨一些想法。

We're in the final stages of planning a big campaign.

我们已经到策划某个大活动的最后阶段了。

Number four is another separable one.

第四个短语也可以分开。

It's to mull something over.

那就是琢磨某事。

To mull over.

琢磨。

This means to think deeply and seriously about something, to really consider something.

它的意思是深入严肃地思考某事,认真考虑某事。

For example, I can't decide which university to choose.

比如,我无法决定选哪个大学。

I'm going to spend the weekend mulling over my options.

我这个周末要来琢磨一下我的选择。

Number five, I love this one.

第五个,我很喜欢这个短语。

This is to plod along.

那就是稳步前行。

To plod along.

稳步前行。

Now, the verb, to plod, means to walk laboriously or heavily.

动词plod的意思是费力或沉重地行走。

To plod along means to progress, it doesn't necessarily mean to walk, to progress at a slow but steady rate.

稳步前行的意思是进步,不一定是指走路,而是以一个缓慢但稳定的速率进步。

For example, Sheila is still plodding along with her latest attempt at a romance novel.

比如,茜拉仍然在稳步完成她最新尝试写的爱情小说。

She's taking it very slowly, but making steady progress.

她进展得很慢,但是在稳步进步。

Number six is to keep something up.

第六个是保持某事。

To keep something up.

保持某事。

This means to continue or maintain a course of action.

这个短语的意思是持续或维持某个行为。

This is often used as a motivational phrase.

这个短语经常被用作一个激励性的短语。

Keep it up, keep up the good work.

保持,继续好好工作。

Maintain your course of good action.

维持你的正面行为。

For example, she's been working so hard on her course, I hope she can keep it up.

比如,她一直兢兢业业地做她的事业,我希望她能够保持。

Number seven is to figure something out.

第七个是弄清楚某事。

To figure something out.

弄清楚某事。

This means to solve or discover the source of a problem.

这个短语的意思是解决或发现某个问题的源头。

For example, I just need to figure out why my hot tap is cold, and my cold tap is hot.

比如,我只是需要弄清楚为什么我的热水龙头是冷的,而冷水龙头是热的。

This is a problem, this has happened to me in the past.

这是个问题,我过去遇到过这样的问题。

Number eight is to see something or somebody off.

第八个是看某事或某人离开。

To see something off.

看某事离开。

This has two meanings that we're going to discuss.

我们要讨论这个短语的两层意思。

The first meaning relates more to somebody.

第一层意思更多的是跟某人有关。

To see somebody off.

给某人送行。

It means to go to the place that somebody is leaving from, in order to say goodbye to them.

它的意思是去某人要离开的地方,为了跟他们告别。

For example, I'll come to the port to see you all off on the cruise ship.

比如,我回去港口给你们所有人送行,看你们坐上邮轮。

The next meaning works well with both someone and something.

第二个意思可以跟某人和某物连用。

It means to defeat someone or something.

它的意思是击败某人或某物。

Or to deal with them effectively, so that they can do no more harm or damage.

或者有效地处置它们,这样它们就不会再产生伤害或破坏了。

For example, Oh, don't worry about my horrible aunt coming to my wedding, I'll see her off.

比如,哦,别担心我可怕的婶婶要来我的婚礼,我会搞定她的。

I'll deal with her, get rid of her.

我来对付她,把她赶走。

It can be used in slang.

它可以用于俚语。

It's often used to talk about alcoholic drinks or bad substances.

它常常被用来谈论酒精饮料或不好的东西。

Or maybe a naughty dessert, or unhealthy food.

也许是有害的点心或不健康的食品。

Something that's seen as a treat.

被认为是招待的东西。

And it basically means to finish it, but we're kind of implying to defeat it 'cause it's such a bad thing.

而且它的意思是终结,但是我们可以说是在暗示击败它,因为它很糟糕。

For example, would you like me to help you see off that last bottle of wine?

比如,你需要我帮你处理掉那最后一瓶酒吗?

Number nine is to bash something in.

第九个是打坏某物。

To bash something in.

打坏某物。

This means to strike and dent, or damage something.

它的意思是给某物打上凹痕,或破坏某物。

For example, your stray cricket ball bashed in my Mini Cooper.

比如,你游走的板球把我的Mini Cooper砸了个凹痕。

That's not true, but it did happen to my mom.

这不是真的,但是我妈妈确实遇过这事。

She once parked her car next to a cricket pitch, only for five minutes, and it was bashed in when we returned to it.

她曾经把她的车停在一个板球场旁边,只过了五分钟,我们回来的时候就发现车子被砸了一个坑。

Number 10 is to call something off.

第十个是叫停某事。

To call something off.

叫停某事。

This means to cancel an event or an agreement.

它的意思是取消一个活动或一个协议。

For example, if I behave badly enough, William might have to call off the wedding.

比如,如果我表现得很不好,威廉可能会取消婚礼。

I always manage to mention my wedding in every single video.

我在每个视频里都提到了我的婚礼。

There's still a year to go, you know.

还有一点才举行,你知道的。

It's gonna be a long year, for you and for me.

与你们与我都是漫长的一年。

Number 11 is to do something up.

第十一个是装点某物。

To do something up.

装点某物。

This means to repair or decorate a building, so that it looks attractive.

它的意思是修理或装饰一个建筑,这样它会看起来很吸引人。

For example, we are hoping to buy a derelict house and do it up.

比如,我们希望买一个被废弃的房子,然后把它装点起来。

It can also mean to fasten something, usually clothing or jewellery.

它还可以表示把某物系上,一般是衣物或首饰。

For example, could you help me do up my dress?

比如,你能帮我把裙子穿好吗?

It appears to have shrunk.

它好像缩水了。

Number 12 is to muster up.

第十二个是鼓起。

To muster up.

鼓起。

It can be separable as well.

它也可以被拆开。

To muster something up.

鼓起某物。

This means to gather or bring together.

它的意思是聚集。

For example, I'll see if I can muster up the courage to talk to my horrible boss.

比如,我要看看我是否能鼓起勇气去跟我可怕的上司谈谈。

Number 13 is to gobble something up.

第十三个是蚕食。

To gobble something up.

蚕食。

This means to use a lot of something very quickly.

它的意思是快速使用大量的东西。

It usually refers to eating.

它常指吃东西。

For example, you must've been hungry.

比如,你肯定很饿了。

You've gobbled up half of my popcorn too.

你把我一半的爆米花都蚕食掉了。

Looking at no one, William.

别看别人,就是你,威廉。

Number 14 is to face up to.

第十四个是直面。

To face up to.

直面。

This means to accept that a difficult situation exists.

它的意思是接受某个困境的存在。

For example, wedding talk incoming.

比如,又要谈婚礼了。

She'll have to face up to the fact that peonies aren't in season for her September wedding.

她得直面芍药花不在她九月的婚礼的时候盛开这个事实。

Can we have a moment of silence, please?

我们能安静点吗,谢谢。

I love peonies.

我喜欢芍药。

I'm going to go and view flowers with my mom tomorrow, so we'll see what we can find.

明天我要跟我的妈妈去看花,所以我们要看看能找到什么花。

Number 15 is to stick up for.

第十五个是力挺。

To stick up for.

力挺。

This means to support or defend something or someone, especially when they are being criticised.

意思是支持或维护某事或某人,尤其是当他们被批评的时候。

For example, I don't need your support.

比如,我不需要你的支持。

I can stick up for myself!

我能自己挺住!

Number 16 is to weed out.

第十六个是。

To weed out.

排除。

This can also be separable, but it's not as common.

它也可以拆开,但是不是那么常见。

To weed something out.

把某事排除。

Yeah, you can do that.

是的,你可以这么说。

This means to remove people or things from a group.

它的意思是将人或物从一个团体中移除。

For example, our wedding invitation list is too long, we're going to have to weed some people out.

比如,我们的婚礼邀请名单太长了,我们得排除掉一些人。

Number 17 is to run something by someone.

第十七个是告知某人某事。

To run something by.

告知某人某事。

This means to tell someone about a plan or an idea, so that they can give you their feedback and opinions.

它的意思是告诉某人一个计划或想法,这样他们能够给你他们的反馈和观点。

For example, Have you run this by David?

比如,你告诉大卫这事了吗?

I think he'll like it.

我想他会喜欢的。

Number 18 is to stock up on.

第十八个是囤货。

To stock up on.

囤货。

To stock up on.

囤货。

This means to buy a large amount of something, so that you have enough for the future.

意思是大量地购买某物,这样你以后会有足够的东西。

My example, believe it or not, is true.

我的例子,信不信由你,是真实的。

I listened to a radio programme about this the other day.

这是我前几天在电台节目中听到的。

Many Brits are stocking up on toilet roll in preparation for Brexit.

很多英国人囤货卷纸为脱欧做准备。

This is true.

这是真的。

Toilet paper sales have increased, both times that we've come up to the deadline of Brexit.

厕纸的销量上升了,同样的是脱欧的期限也即将来临。

We've had multiple deadlines.

我们有好几个期限。

But yeah, toilet roll sales increased, which I love.

但是,是的,卷纸的销量上升了,我很喜欢这一点。

I'm sure there's a very valid and sensible reason behind this, but I like to think that people are going to the toilet more, because they're so nervous.

我确信这个事件背后肯定有合理的解释,但是我觉得是人们因为过于紧张而更加频繁地去上厕所。

Number 19 is to harp on about.

第十九个是喋喋不休。

To harp on about.

喋喋不休。

This means to talk or complain about something many times.

意思是过多谈论或抱怨某事。

For example, can you stop harping on about how great Miranda looked at the party?

比如,你能别再对米兰达在排队上的美貌而喋喋不休了吗?

Number 20 is two crank something out.

第二十个是量产。

To crank something out.

量产某物。

This means to produce something in large amounts, like a machine does.

意思是大量生产某物,就像机器做的那样。

For example, how on earth did I manage to crank out 25 stunningly beautiful advanced phrasal verbs?

比如,我到底是怎么成功地量产出25个高级的美妙动词短语的?

I said it again.

我又说了一遍!

Number 21 is to grass on.

第二十一个是检举。

To grass on.

检举。

And this, I mean the meaning isn't necessarily beautiful.

对于这个短语我要说,意思不一定是要很美好的。

It's quite a disloyal thing to do, but it means to tell the police, or someone in a position of authority, about something bad that someone has done.

这样做很不忠诚,但是它的意思是告诉警方,或官方机构里的人某个人做过的坏事。

For example, I can't believe that Mary grassed on Bob to the police about his illegal chicken farm.

比如,我不敢相信玛丽向警方检举了罗伯非法养鸡场的事。

Big issues in the farming community these days, grassers.

如今农业社区里的大事,检举者。

Number 22 is to lag behind.

第二十二个是落后。

To lag behind.

落后。

This means to move or happen at a slower pace than someone or something else.

这个短语的意思是以慢于他人或其它事物的速度移动或发生。

For example, I found maths really hard at school, and I lagged behind most of my peers.

比如,我发现数学很难,我落后于我的大部分同龄人。

Number 23 is to build someone or something up.

第二十三个是舆论造势。

To build something up.

舆论造势。

This means to talk about something or someone in a very positive way, so that people are impressed with it, or them.

这个短语的意思是以一种积极的方式谈论某人或某事,这样人们会对它或它们印象深刻。

For example, they've built her up to be something that she really isn't.

比如,他们把她塑造成了一个不是原本的她的东西。

We can also build up someone's hopes.

我们还可以让某人抱有希望。

This means to make someone think that something good is going to happen when it probably isn't.

意思是让某人认为好事会发生,尽管很可能不会。

For example, I don't want to build up his hopes if she isn't coming back.

比如,如果她不会回来的话,我不想让他抱有希望。

Number 24 is to ask after.

第二十四个是追问。

To ask after.

追问。

This one is quite simple to understand.

这个很容易理解。

It means to ask about someone, normally.

一般它的意思是询问某人的事情。

Can be something sometimes.

有时候也可以接某事。

For example, oh, everyone was asking after you at the party.

比如,每个人都在派对上追问你的事情。

I just thought I'd include it, 'cause I think it's nice when someone asks after you.

我选择这个短语是因为我认为如果有人追问你的事情是一件好事。

And it's also something we use a lot.

而且我们也经常用这个短语。

But you might think, why are you saying after instead of about?

但是你可能会想,为什么是after而不是about呢?

We just like to complicate things in English.

英语就是喜欢把事情搞复杂。

And the last stunningly beautiful advanced phrasal verb, number 25, is to jot down.

最后一个高级的美妙短语动词,第二十五个就是速记。

To jot something down.

速记。

This means to write or note down very quickly and briefly.

这个短语的意思是快速且简洁地写下或做笔记。

For example, I highly suggest you jot down these 25 stunningly beautiful advanced phrasal verbs.

比如,我强烈建议你们速记下这25个高级的美妙的短语动词。

Yes!

好的!

Right, that's it for today's lesson.

好了,今天的课程就到这里。

Your homework, as if you think I would forget about that.

你们的家庭作业,你们以为我会忘记吧。

There's always someone in the class, who reminds the teacher that there's homework when they've forgotten.

上课的时候总会有人在老师忘记的时候提醒老师要布置作业。

I used to be that person.

我就是那个人。

Your homework is to write five stunningly beautiful advanced phrases, with five of these stunningly beautiful advanced phrasal verbs.

你们的家庭作业是选五个高级的美妙的短语动词写五句话。

Go, go, go.

加油吧。

Please do that in the comment section down below.

请在下面的评论区完成作业。

Don't forget to check out italki.

别忘记查看italki。

The link to sign up and claim your $10 worth of italki credit is in the description box.

注册并获取10美元的italki优惠券的链接就在描述栏里。

Don't forget to connect with me on all of my social media.

别忘记在我所有的社交媒体上联系我们。

I've got my Facebook, my Instagram, my Twitter.

我有脸书、INS、推特。

Someone said they liked the way I said Twitter last week, so I've decided to make it over the top.

有人说他们喜欢我上周说推特的口音,所以我决定把它置顶。

And my personal channel, My Lucy Bella Earl channel, where I post my life.

还有我的个人频道,我的 Lucy Bella Earl 频道,在那里我上传我的生活相关视频。

I will see you soon for another lesson.

我们下节课再见。

Muah.

么么哒。

For example, Sheila is still plodding along with her latest attempt at a romance nobel.

比如,茜拉还在缓慢完成她的首次爱情贵族。

Nobel.

贵族。

Romance nobel.

爱情贵族。

For example, your cricket ball.

比如,你的板球。

,

免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com

    分享
    投诉
    首页