大家在家里自己学习英语(每日英语-49)

大家在家里自己学习英语(每日英语-49)(1)

Home Alone

独自在家

I remember the first time that my parents left me home alone.

我记得我父母第一次把我独自留在家里。

I was very grown up, and I thought that I would be just fine.

我已经长大了,我想我会没事的。

I was fine for a while.

有一段时间我很好。

I watched television and had something to eat.

我看了电视,吃了点东西。

I called my friend on the phone, and we talked for a while.

我打电话给我的朋友,我们聊了一会儿。

Then, I sat down to read a book.

然后,我坐下来看书。

The house was quiet, very quiet.

房子里很安静,非常安静。

I found myself listening very carefully.

我发现自己非常仔细地听着。

I heard a tap, tap tapping noise.

我听到了敲击,敲击声。

I wondered where it was coming from.

我想知道这声音是从哪里来的。

It seemed to be coming from the window.

它似乎是从窗户传来的。

I turned out the lights so that nobody would see me, and I peeked out the window carefully.

我把灯关了,这样没人会看见我,我小心翼翼地往窗外看了看。

I was expecting to see a robber tapping at my window.

我本以为会看到一个强盗在敲我的窗户。

There was nobody there.

那里没有人。

It was just a tree branch swaying in the breeze and tapping at my window.

那只是一根树枝在微风中摇曳,敲打着我的窗户。

I felt silly.

我觉得很傻。

I turned on the lights and sat back down to read my book.

我打开灯,坐下来看书。

A few minutes later, I heard some creaking noises.

几分钟后,我听到一些吱吱作响的声音。

I listened carefully.

我仔细地听着。

Then, I heard a clunking noise.

然后,我听到一声巨响。

I think it might have been the furnace.

我想可能是火炉。

Then there was a whirring noise.

然后有呼呼的声音。

My imagination began to play tricks on me.

我的想象力开始捉弄我。

I was imagining that there were all kinds of creatures in the house.

我想象着房子里有各种各样的生物。

I told myself to grow up.

我告诉自己要长大。

I wouldn’t let my imagination run away with me.

我不会让我的想象力随我而去。

I was glad when my parents got home.

当我父母回家时,我很高兴。

I told them about all the noises that I had heard.

我告诉了他们我听到的所有噪音。

My parents laughed and said that all houses make noises.

我父母笑着说,所有的房子都会发出噪音。

We’re usually just so busy that we don’t hear all the noises that go on.

我们通常只是太忙了,听不到所有的噪音。

I have stayed home alone many times now.

我现在已经独自呆在家里很多次了。

I just ignore all the little creaks and noises that I hear.

我只是忽略了我听到的所有吱吱声和噪音。

I am still alert and listen for anything suspicious, but I know that there are lots of noises that are harmless.

我仍然保持警惕,倾听任何可疑的声音,但我知道有很多无害的噪音。

That tree that taps on my window still frightens me sometimes, but I’m a lot braver now than I was the first time that I stayed home alone.

那棵敲打我窗户的树有时仍然让我害怕,但我现在比第一次独自呆在家里勇敢多了。

,

免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。文章投诉邮箱:anhduc.ph@yahoo.com

    分享
    投诉
    首页